Today we’re going to talk about one of the best app markets – vShare iOS, which turns out to be the best alternative to Installous and AppCake.
For those users who haven’t heard about vShare app yet, it is actually a custom app that has been made from a service site known as vShare. With the vShare app, you can install a huge number of paid apps and games for completely free on iOS devices. But the most important part of using vShare is that it does not require jailbreak at all. Cool, huh? Let’s follow the tutorial.
First I will walk you through how to install vShare from the official website without the help of Cydia. I will also share about how to start using vShare and some errors might occur while using this app.
And the next part of this guide is for jailbroken devices. You’re going to see how to download vShare from Cydia using the official repo. Keep in mind that if you have Cydia, everything will be much easier.
How to install vShare SE iOS without Jailbreak.
You first need a PC running Windows OS to install a software called vShare Helper. If you are currently using a Mac, you can install a Virtual Machine application such as VMware, Virtualbox or Parallels to run Windows.
After you install vShare Helper on your PC, when you run it and connect your device to your PC for the first time, vShare Helper will automatically install an app called vShare SE on your iOS device. With vShare SE, you can install free apps from vShare market without having to connect your device to PC.
You also need to install the latest version of iTunes on your PC to ensure everything will work properly.
Here is the step-by-step guide.
- Open the browser on your PC, go to http://vshare.com. Click the Download button for PC on the homepage to download vShare Helper.
- After downloading, open the .exe file and install the program.
- Open vShare Helper and connect your device to your PC via a cable
- vShare SE will be installed automatically on your device in several minutes. If no, click “Install vShare” button to trigger the process manually.
- After the installation ends, the “vShare SE” icon will be available on the home screen.
You can now use vShare Helper on your PC or vShare SE on your iOS device to download apps, games for free.
1. Use vShare Helper
Click on Apps Tab > Search for your games/apps > Click Download button.
When the download finishes, vShare Helper will automatically install the games/apps for you. You can also find the downloaded file in Downloads Tab to install manually.
2. Use vShare SE on iOS devices[the_ad id=”1693″]
The UI of vShare SE is very easy to use. You can use the Search bar on the top of the screen to quickly search for games and apps. If you find a game that you want to install, tap the Get button next to it, just like how you install apps from App Store. After the IPA file of the game is downloaded, there will be a pop-up asking you to install.
Once the app installed, its icon will be available on the Home screen and you can start using it.
Notice that there is an arrow down button next to the Search form. This is where you manage all your downloading files, downloaded files, and upgrade.
With vShare Helper, you can also install many third-party applications that are not available to download anymore, such as BB Rec – an awesome iPhone screen recorder. Diving into each category, you will see tons of useful apps that you can’t find anywhere else!
Untrusted Enterprise Developer
In some cases, when you open the installed app for the first time, you’ll probably see a prompted message like this:
You can make it trusted by following this path: Go to Setting > General > Profiles & Device Management. Search for the profile mentioned corresponding to the app. Press “Trust” > Press “Trust” one more time to confirm. Done! Now you can go back to Home screen and enjoy the app.
Another common error is apps getting stuck while installing. Here is how to fix.
Fix apps stuck on Waiting
- Make sure your device has enough storage for installations. Keep in mind that the install process might need more space than the actual file size itself.
- Delete all your downloading and downloaded apps
- Close all apps running in the background
- Restart your device
- Download and install the app again.
How to install vShare using Cydia
Your device has been already jailbroken? Great!
Here is what you need to do:
- Go to Cydia and open Sources tab
- Add the official vShare repo by entering this URL: http://repo.appvv.com
- Once the repo is added, search for a Cydia tweak called Appsync. There are many sources offering AppSync but I recommend that you should install it from the official vShare repo. And remember to choose the right version that works with your iOS.
- After AppSync is installed, search for vShare and install it.
- Restart your device and enjoy.
Ok. That is all you have to do to completely install vShare on your device.
Hopefully, after reading this guide, you can successfully download and install vShare to your iOS device. If you still face any other problems that are not mentioned and explained above, feel free to let me know via comments. Or you can join the official community at vShare forums here.
Disclaimer: iPhoneByte doesn’t recommend Installous, vShare or any other Installous alternatives in any manner to Install .IPA files. iPhoneByte is not affiliated with any website/developer mentioned in this post. We know how much hard work the developer puts in making applications. The only reason we publish this guide (How to install vShare) is to help users try out costly apps before they decide to purchase it.