The iPhone includes a built-in emoji keyboard. With a tap of your finger, you can quickly show someone solidarity or express tears of joy.
Add an emoji
When viewing the standard keyboard, tap or to switch to the emoji keyboard.
If you don’t see the emoji keyboard, go to Settings > General > Keyboard. Tap “Keyboards” → “Add New Keyboard” and select “Emoji”.
- You can use the gray icons at the bottom of the keyboard to switch emoji themes, or swipe left or right to view more. Tap to see emoji that you’ve recently used.
- To change the skin tone of certain emoji, tap and hold an emoji. Only some emojis are enabled for diverse skin tones.
- To add an emoji to the text field, tap on it.
- Sending an emoji alone make it appear in the bigger size. If you send more than three emoji or add emoji with text, emoji adjusts to a smaller size.
- Tap the ABC icon when you wish to return to the regular keyboard.