Today, I’m going to show you a not-new feature on iOS that allows users to set a timer for stopping music playback after a certain amount of time.
Yes, it is just an existent feature packed into the platform, I believe, since iOS 6. But since this feature is pretty hard to be discovered, I guess there are still many users out there that don’t know they can set a sleep timer right in iOS without any third-party apps or jailbreak.
Without further ado, let’s see how to do it.
- Step 1: Launch the Clock app and tap on the Timer tab. You can also access Timer quickly by using Control Center. Just swipe up from the bottom of the screen to open Control Center and tap on the Timer icon. You will be taken to Timer immediately.
- Step 2: Use the scroll wheels to set the amount of time you want to play music. Then, select the option labeled When Timer Ends. Scroll all the way down to the bottom and select the “Stop Playing” option.
- Step 3: Once everything is set, tap the Start button to initiate the timer. Now you can start playing music and enjoy sleeping.
- Also read: How to Actually Hide Photos and Videos on iPhone
Something about the Sleep Timer on iPhone you should be aware of:
- You can set the sleep timer either before or after you start playing music.
- After the sleep timer is set, you can quit the Clock app and do whatever you want. It will be running in the background and automatically stop music when the time runs out.
- You can use this feature for stock apps like Music, Podcasts, and even for third-party apps like Spotify and Rdio.
- If you initiate a timer and then launch a game or app, then when the time runs out, it will also stop playing the game/app and lock the screen. So this can be used as a neat trick to avoid losing track of time as well.
It’s very simple, right? But actually, this one is one of the iOS features that most users may not know about, including me when I first used my iPhone. I hope you liked the tip. If you know other cool tips or tricks on iOS, do share your findings with us in the comment section below.