If you’re sick of being awakened by the available alarm sounds on your iPhone or you just don’t like any of them, then I’m sure this article will make your day.
Today, I will be showing you how to make a custom alarm sound on your iPhone. In other words, you will learn how to make any of your favorite songs or tones your own alarm sound. Without further ado, let’s dive in.
This article is for new iPhone users. If you already know hot set a song as your alarm sound, feel free to move on to other articles. Maybe some of these will interest you more:
- How to Fix iPhone Alarm Clock Not Working
- Best screen recorder apps for iOS 9 & 10
- How to Actually Hide Photos and Videos on iPhone
Did you know that Apple allows you to pick a song in your Music app and set it as the alarm sound? Here’s how to do that.
1. Open the Clock app.
2. Select the Alarm tab at the bottom.
3. Tap the Edit button in the top-left corner of the screen.
4. Select the alarm you want to change the sound.
5. Tap Sound > Pick a Song.
6. Now you can quickly search the song by typing its name into the search field. Or you can find your favorite song by browsing into Artists, Albums, Songs, Genres, or Playlists.
7. Once you have found the song you want to select, tap on it to add it as an alarm tone. You will be returned to the Sound selection page, with the song selected. Tap Back and you’re done.
Don’t know how to import favorites songs and tunes into to iTunes and make them available to use as an alarm tone? I will also show you how to do it.
Step 1. Download the songs or sounds you love
There are many websites offering ringtones for free or for purchase out there. One of my favorite websites when it comes to download ringtones is Zedget.net
Now I will go to this site, search for Counter Strike ringtones, which is the sound I like to use as my alarm sound and download it.
The download progress is fairly easy. Just listen one by one from the resulting page. If you like a ringtone, just click on it to move to its download page.
Click Get ringtone to download.
Step 2: Make the downloaded sounds available on your iPhone
1. Launch the iTunes app on your computer, then select Music.
2. Right-click on the All playlists section. Create a new playlist and name it something like “Alarm sounds”.
3. Select the playlist that you’ve just created, then click Edit playlist.
4. Now drag and drop the downloaded ringtone into the playlist. You should put the ringtone on your desktop before doing this. Once done, click Done.
5. Click on the device icon
and follow this instruction.
Once the alarm sound is imported successfully, you can set it as your alarm sound.
You can also buy ringtones through iTunes store and have them added to the list. In that case, select Buy More Tones when selecting the alarm sound.