Kodi, without a doubt, is one of the best free open-source media-center programs on the market. It supports a wide range of platforms, however, it isn’t available to install from the App Store.
iOS users who love this app will have to download it from other sources. Here, I will show you the two easiest and most reliable ways to have Kodi on your iPhone, or iPad.
- Method 1: Install Kodi using TweakBox
- Method 2: Install Kodi using Cydia Impactor
You may have heard of using Xcode to install Kodi, but I don’t mention and recommend it in this article. The reason is that you can achieve the same thing with Cydia Impactor, and using Cydia Impactor is much easier.
The two approaches have their own advantages and disadvantages, so read on and find out which one suits you best!
1. Download Kodi with TweakBox
TweakBox is a third-party source that allows you to install Kodi and many other apps without the need for a computer. Using this one is the simplest way to download Kodi to your iPhone.
- Install Kodi and many hacked games, apps without jailbreak, without using a computer.
- The process is simple and quick.
- TweakBox enables ads on its app and all other apps, games you download from it, including Kodi.
- Apple may sometimes revoke the app’s certificate. In this case, you cannot use or download Kodi, you will have to wait until TweakBox sign the app again.
With that understood, here’s how you go about the process:
1) On your iOS device, open Safari and go to this website http://tweakboxapp.com. It’s not a clickable link, please manually type in the web address.
2) Click “Download App”. You will be asked to install its configuration profile. Just tap “Allow” and follow the instructions to continue.
3) Once it’s installed, go to the Home screen and you’ll see an icon of Tweakbox. Launch it. Next, select the Apps tab, then select “Tweakbox Apps”. Use the search box at the top to find Kodi iPhone. Notice if there’s a green checkmark icon beside the app, it means the app is working and you can install it.
4) Select Kodi and then tap on the “Install” button. You’ll be prompted to install Kodi on your iPhone or iPad. Click “Install” to allow Tweakbox to install the Kodi app.
After the process finishes, you may need to go to Settings > General > Profiles & Device Management and trust the developer of the app under “Enterprise App” to get it working.
If the app gets revoked by Apple, you will be notified by the “Untrusted Enterprise Developer” message. In that case, you can follow @TweakBoxApp on Twitter for more updates, or use the method below.
2. Download & Install Kodi IPA using Cydia Impactor
Cydia Impactor is the software developed by Saurik, the man who created Cydia. This software is used to sideload IPA files from your computer onto your iOS device. It works with all popular operating systems including Windows, macOS, and Linux.
You can also use Xcode to install Kodi IPA files but the process is much more complicated and it’s only for macOS users. So in this tutorial, we’ll stick with Cydia Impactor.
1) Download the following files onto your computer
Also, make sure you have the latest version of iTunes installed on your computer.
2) Connect your iPhone or iPad to your PC or Mac. If iTunes opens automatically, close it.
3) Extract the Impactor zip file and open the program. For Windows users, do not “Run as Administrator” this software as doing this will make drag/drop of files not work.
4) Drag and drop the Kodi IPA file onto it. Cydia Impactor will ask for an Apple ID login. This step is for generating a signing certificate by Apple. You can use an alternative Apple ID if you’re not comfortable giving your information to this program.
5) Wait for Cydia Impactor to install Kodi onto your device. After installing, you’ll see the app’s icon on the Home screen.
Before starting to use the app, go to Settings > General > Profile & Device Management and trust yourself as a developer of the app. Go back to the Home screen and enjoy Kodi.
If you use a regular Apple ID to create the certificate for the app, then you’ll have to re-sideload Kodi every seven days. After 7 days, just connect your device to the computer, launch Cydia Impactor, drag and drop the Kodi IPA file onto it again and you’re good to go.
Don’t remove the expired version before reinstalling, doing that will also remove all of your app data. Just keep it there and reinstall.
[ Also read: Download Movie Box for iPhone & iPad ]
3. Install Kodi for iPhone & iPad with Jailbreak
If you’ve jailbroken your iPhone or iPad, then you can use this method. It’s quick and easy.
1) Launch Cydia, and add this source http://mirrors.kodi.tv/apt/ios/
2) Wait for Cydia to update packages from the source. Once it finishes, tap “Return to Cydia” button.
3) Select the Source tab, open “team Kodi”. Tap on “All packages” and open Kodi-iOS. Then press the Install button to install the package.
4) Cydia will start installing Kodi. After it’s installed successfully, you should see Kodi on the Home screen. Now you can go ahead and start playing around with the features of the app.
4. Best Add-ons to Add in Kodi
Everyone loves Kodi because of its vast number of add-ons available. Some add-ons offer extended functionality like the ability to stream movie and TV shows online. Some add-ons can even let users watch ‘pirated’ copyrighted content for free.
In order to add any add-ons you like to the Kodi app, you have to enable installing from unknown sources. Click the Settings icon, then select System > Add-ons. Here, turn on the Unknown Sources toggle.
Add-ons in Kodi are like packages in Cydia, they are available from multiple sources and you need to add the source first to be able to install the add-on. Now go back to the Kodi home screen, click the File Manager icon, select Add source.
Here is the list of best Kodi Add-ons you can Google for their sources and install on your Kodi app.
Kodi Add-ons for TV Shows & Movies
- Neptune Rising
- The Dogs Bollocks
- The Resistance
- Fantastic HD
- Specto Fork
Kodi Add-ons for Streaming
- The Players Klub
- Swift Streamz
Kodi Add-ons for Sports
- Elektra Vault
- Planet MMA
- Maverick TV
Kodi Add-ons for Kids
- Ares Kids Tube
Kodi Add-ons for Music
- MP3 Streams
- Now Music
- Apple iTunes Podcast Browser
Add-ons for Anime
- Cypher 9Anime
- Anime Go