iMessage on Windows PC – Normally, iMesssage can only be used on Apple products, such as iPhone, iPad, iPod touch and Mac computer. But in this short guide, I’ll be showing you how to set up and start using iMessage on your Windows PC. And not just for Windows users, you can use this method on any unsupported operating systems since it makes iMessage accessible via a web browser on your computer.
Let’s see how to do it.
How to set up iMessage on your PC
To be able to access iMessage on your PC, you’ll need to install a jailbreak tweak named Remote Messages. This tweak allows you to send and receive iMessages as well as text messages in modern web browsers such as Chrome, Safari, Firefox, and IE9+.
So if your device hasn’t jailbroken yet, you’ll first have to jailbreak it then you can continue with the guide.
Remote Messages utilizes WebSockets to synchronize all the conversations with your iOS device through a web interface. So it requires both your device and the Windows PC to be connected the same Wi-Fi network.
How to install and use Remote Messages
After jailbreaking your device, follow these steps below to get the tweak to work:
- Step 1: Open Cydia, search for Remote Messages. There are versions for iOS 7, iOS 8 and iOS 9, just pick the package compatible with your software version. It will cost you $3.99.
- Step 2: Once installed, navigate to Settings > Remote Messages. You’ll see there’s an IP address and a port number. You can either configure the authentication in the Login Account Details section or disable it for quick access.
- Step 3: Now all you have to do is open up your web browser and type exactly this IP address along with the port number. For instance, if your IP is 192.168.2.19 and server port 333, you would type 192.168.2.19:333 into the URL bar. If Authentication is enabled then you’ll be prompted to input the username and password you’ve configured before.
Once you’re logged in the web app interface, you can see all your conversations on the right-hand side of the windows. Just shut down your iPhone and enjoy sending iMessages on Windows.
- SMS and iMessage support: As I’ve mentioned before, you can also send and receive text messages (SMS messages) using this tweak.
- File/media attachments (of any type): The tweak replicates almost every aspect of the Messages app, including file attachment. You can find any file stored on your computer and attach it to a conversation with ease. Since it uses Websockets to synchronize data, you can take advantage of the tweak to transfer files between your computer and your device at a rapid speed. To do so, just create a draft conversation and use it to transfer files only.
- Camera roll access.
- Message searching, Drafts and Typing notifications.
- Full emoji set with text shortcuts.
- Custom theme support
- Displays Wi-Fi, signal and battery status and contact pictures.
- Runs as a background service with a small memory footprint.
- Supports all iOS 7, 8 and 9 compatible devices (including ARM64).
- Built and optimized for Google Chrome, also supports Firefox, IE9+, and mobile browsers.