Is your Snapchat app not working properly? Does it keep crashing? Or you cannot send or view Snaps due to connection errors? Don’t worry, you are not alone. These issues are very common among Snapchat users.
In this post, I will be showing you all the possible solutions that you can try to get rid of the issue with Snapchat. Most of the time, these are enough to help you out. But if the issue with your Snapchat app still persists after trying all of these things, you may need to contact Snapchat support for advanced troubleshooting.
How to Fix Snapchat Connection Issues
If you have been encountering these issues:
- “Could not refresh messages. Please try again”
- “There was a problem connecting to the server. Please try again”
- “Could not connect, Please check your connection and try again”
- Cannot send and view snaps from friends
Then follow these steps below:
- Check your network connection – Make sure your connection (Wi-Fi or Cellular Data) is strong enough to upload and download data.
- Check if Snapchat is down – Maybe Snapchat not working is not because of something going wrong on your device. In this case, the issue may be caused by a temporary server outage at Snapchat. You can go to Down Detector to check if Snapchat is also down for other users.
- Completely close the app and open it again – Sometimes, this simple act can help. On iPhone, you have to press the Home button twice to open the App Switcher and then swipe up to close it completely.
- Restart your device – This troubleshooting is very well-known, right? When you get stuck with an issue on your device, just restart it.
- Update to the newest version – The app version you’ve been using may have bugs. If there is a new update available, then install it to see if the issue is solved.
- Delete the app and install it again – On iPhone, tap and hold on the Snapchat app icon. Once switched to the wiggle mode, tap on the x to delete the app and its data. After that, launch App Store, find the app and install it again.
How to Stop Snapchat From Crashing
Here are some suggestions for getting the Snapchat app to stop crashing:
- Upgrade your device to the latest software available.
- Force close the app and launch it again.
- Install the latest version of Snapchat.
- Delete the app and reinstall it.
- Remove all the third-party apps for Snapchat on your device.
If your device is already jailbroken, then some jailbreak tweaks you’ve installed may cause the Snapchat app to crash. Especially if you’ve been using the Phantom for Snapchat tweak. Many users have reported that when Snapchat gets an update but Phantom has not adapted to the new version of Snapchat yet, it will make the app crash. You can resolve the issue by uninstalling the tweak, deleting all the leftover Phantom files using iFile and wait till a new update for the tweak release.
If trying all these solutions did not help you out, then there is not much else you can do other than contact Snapchat support and tell them about your issue.