Nowadays, social media apps let us do it all — text, chat, meet friends, share information, photos, and much more. They have taken over the world. I believe, that every single one of you is using at least one social media app on your phone.
If you’re using these apps, do you feel that the native apps are good enough? I know many of you will answer “Nooo”. Some people want more additional features to enhance the experience, while others want to remove some stupid stuff within the apps, making them simpler and perform better.
Fortunately, if your device is jailbroken and you want to customize native apps, you can do it yourself. Here I’ve listed the most necessary and awesome jailbreak tweaks for each social media app. Let’s take a look at them and pick up the tweaks you need.
Facebook is the hugest social network, and the app belongs to this company on iPhone, iPad is also one of the most used applications. But many users claim that some necessary features should be implemented on there, such as landscape mode, in-app messenger or video downloading…
Do you like these features on your iPhone? Well, many jailbreak tweaks for the Facebook app and the Messenger app out there will help you supercharge your experience by adding these features. You can check out the full post here. I’ve already compiled the complete list of Facebook tweaks inside that link so I won’t do it again in this post.
Twitter++ (Free) is a fully featured tweak that allows you to modify how you interact with Twitter and how it handles common behaviors. Here are the most stand-out features:
- Share links, images – Share links, images quickly by long pressing on them
- GIF and Vine share/save
- Direct download Youtube Videos – Download youtube videos from twitter to your phone
- Download Video from twitter
- Automatic Long Tweet Creation – For tweets that are over 140 Chars, Twitter ++ allows you to automatically post the tweet as an image or using Pastebin.
- View Blocked Profiles – Continue seeing tweets and profiles of users how have blocked you.
- Remove Status Bar – Enable full-screen view for twitter by hiding the top status bar.
You can check out the complete feature list here.
Kenda (Free) brings you newly redesigned notifications, bigger photos in Timeline and the Full-screen mode by removing the status bar.
Nourania ($0.99) allows you to share tweets, images, messages by long pressing on them. You can also edit images, add filters/text/emotions and more before you tweet them. Another cool feature is that it allows you to be able to convert the rest of your long tweet to an image.
Cercube 3 (Free) Compatible with iOS 7, 8 and 9. Here are some of its best features:
- Add a video download button to the YouTube app’s playback screen
- Download videos in all available qualities or music only
- View, manage and share downloaded videos using the integrated download manager
- Block in-app video ads
- Export downloaded videos to the stock Videos app and the Music app
- Play videos in the background
YouTube++ (Free) Compatible with iOS 7, 8 and 9. You can add this Cydia repo to install YouTube++ for free: (http://beta.unlimapps.com/). Just like Cercube 3, this tweak makes it easier for users to download videos while having some of the most needed features such as background playback, support for videos download, in-app web browser, disable age restrictions, and much more. Once you’ve downloaded a video using this tweak, you can store it inside the download manager or save it directly to Camera Roll.
Mivezi (Free) allows you to download Vine videos and save them directly to the Camera Roll. You can install this jailbreak tweak from Alfhaily’s repository by adding this URL apt.alfhaily.me. Once the tweak is installed, whenever you want to save a video, just tap on the 3-dot icon on the bottom right-hand corner of the video. This will reveal the “Save to Camera Roll” option, allowing you to download the video.
Phantom for Snapchat (Free) is the biggest guy in the Snapchat tweak industry. With this jailbreak tweak, you can disable replay and screenshot alerts, remove typing status, type unlimited amount of text, save received media to Camere Roll or password protected folders, and much more. You can explore its features fully here. Phantom is available on the BigBoss repo, but if you want to try the latest version from CokePokes (the creator of this tweak), feel free to add his repo: cokepokes.github.io
Snap + for Snapchat (Free). Some of the tweak’s best features:
- Snap from Lock Screen – When enabled, you can open Snapchat from the Lockscreen (bottom left), to open directly into Snapchat
- Enable/Disable Autoload of all media – You can disable the autoload of Snaps, Stories and/or Discovery feeds to save bandwidth. If enabled, the media won’t load until you click on it.
- Hide Discovery and Live Stories – No longer have to see the Discovery or Live Stories in your story feed
- Disable Screenshot Log – Want to take a screenshot of a snap but don’t want your friend to know? Now you can.
- Advanced Image Editing
- Save Chat Messages – Messages in the SnapChat no longer disappear. Just scroll up to see them all!
- Disable View Receipt – You get to decide when your snap partner gets a view receipt. You get to see the snap without notifying them!
SCLenses4All (Free) allows you to use Snapchat lenses and filters on old iPhone generations. After installing, there are no options to configure, it just works right away.
Watusi (Free). You will be able to disable Read and Delivery Receipts, as well as Typing Indicator. Additionally, you can even disable these for specific contacts. This tweak also includes add-ons such as Call Recorder, In-app Browser, Call Confirm, Last Message Status… I think many users will agree with me if I say this is the best jailbreak tweak for WhatsApp.
WARencentsUpdates (Free) will send you a notification instantly if one of your contacts changes her or his profile picture or posts a new status.
WhatsApp Stealth Mode (Free) hides your online status and freeze last seen time on Whatsapp. So that none of your contacts will know if you’re currently online or not.
Rocket for Instagram (Free) – the most powerful tweak that can supercharge the Instagram app. With this tweak installed, you can save any video, any photo to Camera Roll, view a high-resolution version of a photo by holding down it, hide sponsored posts, zoom in and out of photos… Check out its full features.
InstaBetter (Free) allows you to save and zoom all Instagram photos, hide ads, show like counts as percentages and much more.
SaveGram (Free) adds a Save button next to each photo, letting you save any photos directly to the Camera Roll.
InstaMute (Free) allows you to mute a specific person on Instagram without having to block or unfollow them.
Viber++ (Free) is a fully featured tweak that allows you to modify almost all aspects of the Viber app right from within the app. The best features are:
- Setting Passcode – Enable a 4 digit code or Touch ID to access Viber on startup
- Disabling the rotation of Viber when you’re rotating your phone
- Adding keyboard colors
- Turning voice recording without holding down the record button
- Disabling Read/Delivery/Typing receipts and location services.
Quick Reply for Viber allows you to reply to Viber messages from the Lock screen, or compose a new message from anywhere using Activator. It also adds a Retry option when swiping from right to left on a message, allowing you to send the message again if it is failed.
Dwnldr ($0.99) Once you installed this tweak, just launch the Tumblr app, look for your favorite video, then tap and hold on it. You’ll be prompted to save the video to Video Vault or your Camera Roll.
SaveCloud (Free) – This tweak adds a new Download Track button beneath the Add to a Playlist button. So you can download your favorite songs on SoundCloud and even import them into the Music app with ease.