If you’re having a hard time waking up every morning and not satisfied with the stock alarm clock app that comes with your iPhone, then you should be considering switching to a more powerful option. On the App Store, there are various third-party alarm clock apps ready to help you out.
To help you save some time, we’ve put together a list of the best alarm clock apps for iPhone and iPad. They offer a ton of new features and options that allow you to customize your wake-up, in various ways. Keep reading to see for your self.
Wake Alarm Clock
Developed by Jaded Labs, Wake Alarm Clock is a popular alarm clock app that is only available on the App Store for iOS devices. The app is a new entry that is all about the simplicity and cutting out the clutter to let users focus on setting up alarms quickly and easily. Wake Alarm Clock offered a minimalistic design which includes just a clock on the screen center, with a dark blue background.
Wake Alarm Clock features three styles of alarms. “Slap & Flip” is for those of you who love to give yourself some time to snooze. Just slap (or tap) your iPhone to snooze via the virtual snooze button, then flip your iPhone over to turn off alarms. The “Shake” function is probably the most useful option as you will have to wake up, grab your iPhone and shake it enough to full the Shake bar on the screen. The “Swipe” option works similarly to the stock alarm app in iOS 9. Some other features of Wake Alarm Clock include:
- Spin the dial for setting the alarms easily
- Create up to 8 repeatable alarms
- Set repeated alarms for any day of the week
- For the people like me, who are likely unwilling to get out of bed, the shake option is the best solution
- Siri support to set the alarm by voice
Sleep Cycle Alarm Clock
Sleep Cycle alarm clock is a different app than most others mentioned in this post. As the name implies, the app has an additional feature that allows you to monitor and analyze your sleep behavior overnight. In order to set an alarm, you tell the app when you need to wake up and sleep with your iPhone next to you on the bed. The app will track your sleep behavior using your phone’s accelerometer, then help you find the time you’re in the lightest phase of sleep and sound the alarm at the best possible time, near your desired wake-up time.
In order to set an alarm, you tell the app when you need to wake up and sleep with your iPhone next to you on the bed. The app will track your sleep behavior overnight using your phone’s accelerometer, then help you find the time you’re in the lightest phase of sleep and sound the alarm at the best possible time, near your desired wake-up time.
After using the app for a few days, once it has collected enough data, it will present you with in-depth graphs and statistics. According to the data it offers, you can see how you sleep, then regulate your sleep patterns to get a more pleasant wakeup in the morning. Some other features of the Sleep Cycle alarm clock are:
- Snooze by shaking or double tapping the phone
- Sleep analysis in the background
- Find out if you’re snoring and record the sound
- Export sleep data to Excel for detailed analysis
- Heart rate monitor
- Works with the Hue lights to simulate a sunrise. (Premium)
Also read: 2 Best Video Downloader Apps for iPhone
Good Morning Alarm Clock
Good Morning Alarm Clock will help you to start your day in a good mood and wake up refreshed and energized. Similar to the Sleep Cycle alarm clock, this app makes use of the iPhone’s accelerometer to monitor your sleep behaviors and detect which sleep phase you are in based on your body movements. Then it will go off during a period of your lightest sleep, making you wake up rested and feeling more energetic.
Every day, the app will give you a detailed statistics of the sleep you got last night and an easy-to-graph to keep track of your sleep habits. It also sends you new tips on how you can improve your sleep quality. I considered Good Morning Alarm Clock as one of the best alarm clock apps as it wakes me up gently not suddenly at the perfect time. Some other features of the Good Morning Alarm Clock are:
- You can use the app’s built-in alarm tunes or choose from your own music in the Music app. It supports iCloud Music Library as well
- Sends stats reminder to cultivate healthy sleep habits
- Provides weather forecast
- Works with Apple Health to store your health data in one place.
- Supports 3D Touch
SpinMe Alarm Clock
SpinMe is an exclusive iOS alarm for people who suck at waking up. I know lots of people who, every morning, know they need to get up, but whose semiconscious brains don’t want to. If you’re among those folks, maybe this app can help.
With the default alarm clock app, to turn off alarm sound, you just need to press the Home button. This likely doesn’t help you but makes getting out of bed harder. And this is where SpinMe comes into play. When this alarm app goes off, it requires you to hold your phone flat and spin yourself around twice to turn off the alarm, thanks to the motion-sensing gyroscope. That’s the only way, there is no snooze button. Thus, SpinMe is the perfect alarm clock for heavy sleepers, obnoxious snoozers, and the like.
- Tap the clock for the music note to choose the alarm sound
- It offers its own collection of alarm tones of various intensities
- You can track the performance
Also read: 10 Best Movie Apps for iPhone and iPad
Alarm Clock Sleep Sounds
Alarm Clock Sleep Sounds app is more than a traditional alarm clock app. I included Alarm Clock Sleep Sounds in the list of the best alarm clock apps for iPhone as it not only wakes you up, but also provides meditation guides to users to get a sound sleep. If you are suffering from insomnia, then it will result best for you. The wake-up tones of Alarm Clock Sleep Sounds app are designed to perfection to ensure you wake up fresh and energetic right from the bed. Some other features of Alarm Clock Sleep Sounds app are:
- It has Meditation feature which is available in the paid version
- The basic version of the app is free to use.
- Let you choose from multiple sleep and wake-up programs for slipping into great dreams.
- Includes three brainwave types to select from: Binaural beats, Isochronic tones, Monaural beats
- Includes 44 cool sounds and 13 custom alarms
Alarmy Pro is an alarm clock app guaranteed to get you out of bed, like SpinMe. With this app, you need to take a picture of a place where you want to turn off the alarm. Without waking up, reaching that location, and taking a picture of the registered place at the time of the alarm, the app just won’t shut off. I set my bathroom sink as my target place as this force a deep sleeper like me to get out of bed as well as over to the sink so I can shut off the alarm and get a start on the day. Typically, the location or place should be far from the bedroom. As, if that is not enough, then the Alarmy Pro app can also go into calculations or a shake-to-wake mode before you are allowed to turn off the alarm. Some other features of this annoying alarm app are:
- Ability to use your music as your alarm tone
- Shake mode for turning the alarm off with a number of shakes.
- Math problem mode (solve the math problem to turn off your alarm)
CARROT Alarm is a witty alarm clock for the iPhone led by a quirky AI whose main objective is to make sure we wake up in time every morning. The CARROT Alarm app presents a similarly efficient approach. Like the other CARROT branded apps, this app adds a little spark into the mundane. It will not only wake you up, but will also berate you as well as shame you for hitting snooze and make fun of you. Some other features of this app are:
- The CARROT Alarm app is a unique alarm clock apps for the iPhone as it includes a game, so the more often we wake up on time, the better rewards we get.
- This app is best for all those who hate waking up in the morning or are looking for a way to make their morning experience a little more enjoyable.
AlarmMon is another alarm clock app that comes with mini-games, letting you start your morning fun and full of energy. The app provides a variety of characters, each with his/her own unique sound and mini-games for you to play. And the only way to stop irritating alarms is to complete these games. AlarmMon also allows you to review your personal alarm history, so that you can improve your morning patterns. Some other features of this app are:
- Offers loud sounds that can wake your neighborhood
- Picking different colors and writing notes
- Provides weather information
Sleeping well directly affects your mental and physical health and the quality of your waking life. So it’s also very important to go to bed on time, as well as maintain a peaceful and relaxed mind. Hopefully, these apps are going to be your supportive friends to help you cultivate healthy habits to get a better night’s sleep and wake up full of energy.
If we missed any of the best alarm clock apps for iPhone, tell us about them in the comments!