AppCake now has been termed as one of the best alternatives for Installous by the community.
Did you know about this app market?
How to install and use AppCake on iPhone & iPad
First, I’ll show you how to install Appcake on your device, and how to use AppCake to find and install cracked apps.
Then, if you have trouble using the app, just scroll down and read the FAQs. Hopefully, it could help you
Note: If you want to install the AppCake app on your device, make sure your device is jailbroken. Without jailbreak and Cydia, you can not download AppCake because your device is unable to download and install IPA file.
Also read: Best jailbreak tweaks to install on Cydia
How to Install AppCake from Cydia
1. Add AppCake Repo Source
After you tap “Add Source” button, you will see a warning message. Tap on “Add Anyway” to ignore it and finish the source installation.
2. Install AppSync
If your firmware is iOS 8 or lower, you need to install another free Cydia tweak named AppSync Unified, which allows you to sync and install unsigned iOS applications directly from AppCake download list. The tweak is available on AppCake Repo, so you don’t have to add another source.
On iOS 9, AppCake does not require AppSync Unified.
3. Install AppCake
Once the AppCake source has been added, you will see a new source in Source Tab, named AppCake. Open the source, then tap All Packages, you should see AppCake. Read the descriptions carefully and choose the right AppCake that is compatible with your device.
Wait for Cydia to finish the installation, restart springboard and then you can start using AppCake.
Note: You can quickly find and install AppSync & AppCake by using the Search tool in Cydia.
How to use AppCake to download cracked apps.
Launch AppCake from the Home screen of your iPhone or iPad. The homepage of AppCake app features a list of most current of popular apps available for download.
- You can also search for specific games and apps from Search tab, just like how we do the search in AppStore.
- Tap on Categories tab to browse for apps by category.
- After you downloaded an app, open Downloads tab. This is where you manage all the files. Tap on the file name corresponding to the app’s name, and then tap on Install button to confirm you want the app to be installed on your device.
See also: How to download Tutu Helper on iPhone
The common errors might occur while installing:
- How to fix error code -999 on iOS 8.x TaiG Jailbreak from the community.
- iOS 8.x and lower: Make sure you installed AppSync Unified (from repo cydia.iphonecake.com). And make sure you only installed one AppSync from one repo. Reboot and try again.
- Remove iAPFree or xCon if these tweaks are installed on your device.
- Make sure your iOS version is compatible with the app.
- Make sure your device has enough storage to install the app. Keep in mind that the install process might need more space than the actual file size itself.
- You can try to download the IPA file to PC and then install with iFunBox. If you can not install either, the file is corrupted. Please read below.
How to fix corrupted file? You can try to download again or download from other crackers’ link.
Where are the downloaded files? Follow the path /var/mobile/Media/AppCake/Downloaded
How can I import IPA files? Put yours IPA files in /var/mobile/Media/AppCake/Imported. It will show up in the Imported Tab.
If you want to find another great alternative to Installous, vShare is what I recommend.
- vShare (formerly AppVV): This is undoubtedly one of the best choices when it comes to Installous alternatives. It hosts more than 1M games and apps for both iOS and Android currently. One of the major benefits of vShare is that it doesn’t require a Jailbroken device; though earlier it was impossible to install vShare on non-jailbroken devices. Read our guide on how to use vShare.